Skip to main content

I’ve learned that fear could enter the room without love leaving it. It changed my reality, but it did not change what I felt. It did not change him as someone I fell in love with. It only changed the shape of the road ahead of us. What once felt certain suddenly became unfamiliar, a little farther away, a little harder to reach. Not impossible. Just no longer easy. Perhaps that is what I am also learning now. You can be sure of someone, and even sure of yourself, and still feel vulnerable. You can love with trust and still carry uncertainty in your chest. Those two things can exist together. And with him, I learned that peak intimacy is a calm nervous system. It was the way my body and mind responded to him. Because I no longer think intimacy can only be found in the loud things people talk about. Not in intensity. Not in obsession. Not even in always knowing what to say. It is finally being able to unclench around someone. Not constantly waiting for them to leave, change their mind, or make you earn their love all over again. It is the quietness of feeling safe while being loved. The kind of safety that reaches your body before your mind can even explain it. And maybe that is why, even after everything changed, my feelings did not. Because loving him still feels like peace, even when everything else feels uncertain. M. | him & soft love May 2026


from Chocolate & Thoughts https://ift.tt/j1hDxqR
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I met my twenty-year-old self and said, "I can finally afford all the books you used to stand in the library holding for a little too long. The ones you memorized from the back covers because buying them was out of the question. The ones you promised yourself you would own someday." She smiled. Then she glanced at her phone. "Dad's waiting outside." In that moment, I felt the distance between her life and mine all at once. M. June 2026

from Chocolate & Thoughts https://ift.tt/5UrbdXQ via IFTTT

Perhaps the part of what's frightening me is not only the pain I'm feeling now. It's also the pain I'm not feeling. I keep looking at that wall and wondering what it's holding back. If this is how much I hurt with it still standing, what happens if it comes down? The thought follows me everywhere. It sits beside me at work. It waits for me in the quiet. It gnaws at whatever sanity I have left. But what if my mind is not storing all of this grief behind a dam waiting to burst? What if it is already doing what minds are designed to do? What if it is carrying the weight the same way a river carries rain. Not all at once, but as it comes. A little when I cried during my lunch break. A little when a song catches me off guard. A little when I am alone with my coffee and there is no one to distract me from myself. A little when a memory drifts across my mind without warning. Perhaps the wall is not hiding a flood. Perhaps it is simply teaching the water how to pass through me without drowning me. Not all at once. Just enough for today. M. June 2026

from Chocolate & Thoughts https://ift.tt/GcUjDxb via IFTTT

Father's Day always arrives carrying two versions of time. One tells me it has been eleven years. The other tells me it was only yesterday. I have lived entire chapters of my life without you. I have grown older. I have become someone you never got the chance to meet. There are stories I still wish I could tell you. Small things. Important things. Ordinary things that somehow matter because they happened to me. And every Father's Day, I find myself reaching across a distance that cannot be crossed. I wonder what you would think of the person I am now. I wonder if you would be proud. I hope you would be. I hope you would see how hard I have tried. How I kept going on days when I wanted to stop. How I carried the lessons you left behind, even when I was afraid, I might forget the sound of your voice. The truth is, I still miss you. Not only in the big moments. Not only in the milestones. I miss you in the quiet parts of life. When something good happens and I wish I could tell you. When something hurts and I wish I could hear you say my name. When I see fathers and daughters together and feel that familiar ache return. Eleven years later, love has not disappeared. It has simply changed shape. It lives now in memories. In photographs. In stories. In the person I became because you were once here. And today, more than anything, I hope you knew how much you were loved. Happy Father's Day, Dad. I miss you still. And I think I always will. M. 21 June 2026

from Chocolate & Thoughts https://ift.tt/s1ovpS0 via IFTTT