Skip to main content

Hey, can we talk about hope? Just those little wishes for the things we still struggle to talk about. Let me share mine with you. Maybe, somewhere between these words, you will find yours too. I hope I live long enough to see the day when taking care of our minds is regarded with the same compassion as taking care of our bodies. Where I live, conversations about mental health are still often met with hesitation. Sometimes with disbelief. Sometimes with judgment. Invisible pain is too often treated as though it is less real simply because it cannot be seen. Perhaps it comes from not understanding. Perhaps it comes from the way many of us were raised, where emotional struggles were expected to be endured quietly, hidden behind a smile, or simply prayed away. Faith can be a source of strength. It has been for many. But I hope we also come to understand that faith and seeking support are not opposites. Giving or receiving compassion, understanding, and the support we need is not a sign of weak faith. It is an act of care. Just as we would not ask someone with a broken bone to heal through willpower alone, we should not expect a struggling mind to recover through silence. I hope one day no one feels the need to invent a physical illness because it is easier to explain than saying, "I'm not emotionally well today." I hope asking for a mental health day is met with the same understanding as asking for sick leave because of a fever. I hope our workplaces become kinder. Our families become gentler. Our friendships become safer. I don't hope for a world without depression, anxiety, or heartbreak. Some things will always be part of being human. I hope instead for a world where no one feels ashamed to say, "I'm struggling." A world where we stop questioning the reality of another person's pain simply because we cannot see it for ourselves, and where no one has to suffer in silence just to be believed. Understanding begins the moment we stop asking whether someone's pain is real, and start asking how we can help. Perhaps that is the future I hope we grow into. Not one without suffering, but one where compassion meets people before judgment does. Because an aching mind deserves the same care as an aching body. Both deserve rest. Both deserve the chance to heal. M. July 2026


from Chocolate & Thoughts https://ift.tt/Wij4hAu
via IFTTT

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I met my twenty-year-old self and said, "I can finally afford all the books you used to stand in the library holding for a little too long. The ones you memorized from the back covers because buying them was out of the question. The ones you promised yourself you would own someday." She smiled. Then she glanced at her phone. "Dad's waiting outside." In that moment, I felt the distance between her life and mine all at once. M. June 2026

from Chocolate & Thoughts https://ift.tt/5UrbdXQ via IFTTT

Perhaps the part of what's frightening me is not only the pain I'm feeling now. It's also the pain I'm not feeling. I keep looking at that wall and wondering what it's holding back. If this is how much I hurt with it still standing, what happens if it comes down? The thought follows me everywhere. It sits beside me at work. It waits for me in the quiet. It gnaws at whatever sanity I have left. But what if my mind is not storing all of this grief behind a dam waiting to burst? What if it is already doing what minds are designed to do? What if it is carrying the weight the same way a river carries rain. Not all at once, but as it comes. A little when I cried during my lunch break. A little when a song catches me off guard. A little when I am alone with my coffee and there is no one to distract me from myself. A little when a memory drifts across my mind without warning. Perhaps the wall is not hiding a flood. Perhaps it is simply teaching the water how to pass through me without drowning me. Not all at once. Just enough for today. M. June 2026

from Chocolate & Thoughts https://ift.tt/GcUjDxb via IFTTT

Father's Day always arrives carrying two versions of time. One tells me it has been eleven years. The other tells me it was only yesterday. I have lived entire chapters of my life without you. I have grown older. I have become someone you never got the chance to meet. There are stories I still wish I could tell you. Small things. Important things. Ordinary things that somehow matter because they happened to me. And every Father's Day, I find myself reaching across a distance that cannot be crossed. I wonder what you would think of the person I am now. I wonder if you would be proud. I hope you would be. I hope you would see how hard I have tried. How I kept going on days when I wanted to stop. How I carried the lessons you left behind, even when I was afraid, I might forget the sound of your voice. The truth is, I still miss you. Not only in the big moments. Not only in the milestones. I miss you in the quiet parts of life. When something good happens and I wish I could tell you. When something hurts and I wish I could hear you say my name. When I see fathers and daughters together and feel that familiar ache return. Eleven years later, love has not disappeared. It has simply changed shape. It lives now in memories. In photographs. In stories. In the person I became because you were once here. And today, more than anything, I hope you knew how much you were loved. Happy Father's Day, Dad. I miss you still. And I think I always will. M. 21 June 2026

from Chocolate & Thoughts https://ift.tt/s1ovpS0 via IFTTT